Combler Cake:: Formerly Known As Dump Cake

Originally introduced by the Hopkins's family, this college recipe is one I always keep in my back pocket. Roommate Jamie and I have renamed the dish "Combler Cake." Combine Ingredients + Cobbler Filling = Combler Cake. I like the tone of this better than "Dump Cake." "Dump" isn't the most enticing word when describing desserts.

Ingredients:
1 Box of Yellow Cake Mix (I like Golden Butter)
1 or 2 cans of Pie Filling (I prefer cherry. I occasionally pour peach on the other side)
1 stick of butter
Vanilla Ice Cream

Instructions: (**You should probably turn the tv off, close down your gchat and silence your phone, because this gets complicated.)

1. Pour pie filling into a baking dish
2. Pour cake mix on top of pie filling (do not mix)
3. Melt stick of butter in the microwave
4. Pour melted butter evenly over cake mix
5. Place in oven and back at 350 degrees, until golden brown.

**Mark my words: You will want to eat this with vanilla ice cream. And probably in a mug.

6. Scoop out hearty portion of Combler Cake.
7. Scoop out equally hearty portion of vanilla bean ice cream
8. Enjoy!!

Comments

  1. Hannah, do you remember when my mom made this to bring when we were visiting Ivy at your new house. We got in late so we put it in the fridge to have the next day. When we returned the next morning we found that some of the girls had eaten it for breakfast! My favorite way to make it is with 1 can blueberry pie filling and 1 can crushed pineapple.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts