From Napper to Napper

I recently (in the last 7 min.) ran across this gem of an article from the latest issue of Real Simple. I was perusing for delicious Thanksgiving recipes and my eyes instead, thankfully, found these beautiful words.

They were written by a nap lover describing her favorite time of the day, 3:00 pm. I only wish I could claim such a accurate description as my own.

"Three o'clock is naptime. Back in elementary school, by the time the bell rand, I could hardly keep my eyes open. Often I shuffled home until I came to a big bushy hedge. I crawled in and woke up 20 minutes later, with the edge of a book poking me in the cheek but otherwise completely refreshed.

I love three o'clock's inexplorable pull. I have refused to succumb from time to time. I have managed to postpone my nap during job interviews and marriage proposals; nothing else interferes.

My nap is a forceful, accomplished love, for whom I have bough, over the years, a few appreciative tokens (a mammoth couch, an indestructible blanket). I submit; I wallow; I revel in what's coming. When this hour rolls around, I put down my work and open y arms to Hypnos and his handsome sons, Morpheus and Phantasus: not ones to say no to a nap."

Comments

Popular Posts